The Pillar Program
Over the years there has been an increased need in our classrooms for technology: SmartBoards, InFocus machines, and software to use with these systems. Technology is expensive and currently out of the budget range for the Lawton Public Schools system. Our current endowment is unable to keep up with current needs of the Lawton Public Schools, so the Lawton Public School Foundation has a new initiative…the Pillars Program. Like a pillar, the program will support and add strength to our schools. We are reaching out to the Lawton community with a goal to raise $1,000,000 in 5 years.
As a Pillar Member
- You or your company will directly improve the quality of our local public school system.
- Your tax-deductible contributions will stay in Lawton and will directly benefit the 18,000 children in the Lawton Public School system.
- Your name or company name will be published as a Pillar Member supporter in all LPSF printed materials, as well as on our website.
- You will receive a Pillar Member yard sign to display in your yard or at your place of business.
- You or your designee will be eligible to serve on the LPSF board where your input and voting rights will help drive the LPSF to new levels of success.
- You will be eligible to join and contribute to one or more LPSF committees.
- You can designate up to 50% of your contribution directly to one of three categories: technology, instructional materials or programs, or extra-curricular activities. The remaining 50% will be applied at the discretion of the LPSF board.
Become a Pillar Member
Businesses can become a Pillar Member for $1,000, individuals for $500, and LPS employees or retirees for $250.